PRETORIA – The African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) continues to provide Technical Assistance (TA) to Members to help improve tax revenues.
TA is at the core of what ATAF does to improve tax systems in Africa.
In the month of July, TA was provided to several Member countries, one of them being the Office Togolais des Recettes (Togo Revenue Office).
The purpose of the Property Taxation was to drive efforts towards building sustainable property tax reforms.
Here’s what the outcomes for this TA included:
- Technical and practical recommendations were provided to Office Togolais des Recettes on property tax policy issues, property identification and records management.
- Technical and practical recommendations were provided to Office Togolais des Recettes on a holistic approach to property tax reforms.
- Participants were trained on current techniques and methods used to conduct market data analysis and latest valuation models.
- Participants were trained on practical approaches to improve property tax collection.
- The processes of designing and implementing property tax reform efforts.
- Recommendations on property tax policy issues, identification and records management
- Approaches to improve property tax collection
- Designing and implementing property tax reform efforts
- Simplify property tax assessment processes and procedures
- Mass valuation techniques that produce more equitable, up-to-date values in a transparent, cost effective, timely and sustainable manner.
Providing TA and training to governments means better living standards for more people in Africa.
Interested in receiving technical assistance? For more information, contact Sameera Khan at email@example.com.